Saturday, October 27, 2012

"It's Not a Gas Pedal, Mom," says the 9-year old

My BeLeafable life is taking on new vocabulary! Adapting to life in Electra, my 2012 Nissan Leaf, includes updating my vocabulary. I'm sure the manual denotes what things are called on my car, but I've uncovered my own way to describe Electra's parts.

"It's not a gas pedal, Mom," said my 9-year old. Hum, she has a point. So if it's not a gas pedal, I guess I should call it a Go pedal? Maybe a Power Pedal? Below is my list of new names for Eletra's parts.


Old terms                   New terms

Gas Pedal                   Power Pedal
Gas Tank                    Belly button
Fuel Gauge                 Range Gauge
Engine                        Motor???? I know there's a bunch of engineers that will correct me on the difference between motors and engines. If you're an engineer working on motors, does that make you a motorneer?

What vocabulary have you developed for your electric vehicle?

No comments:

Post a Comment