I am learning math all over again! It's Nissan Leaf math, and it goes something like this.
Every morning, I unplug Electra (my 2012 Nissan Leaf) from her feeding trough, and I anxiously see what her new range number is for the morning. Whereas I've only had her for a week, her number has generally been right around 90 or 91. But this morning, she juiced up to 105!
Why I thought? As with other mornings, Electra always filled to 100% of charge. But yesterday, at the end of the day, the temperatures here in Florida dropped...enough, actually for me to turn off the Air Conditioner! Thus, this morning, when I turned Electra on, she computed her range at 105 rather than the normal 90. Why? Because the A/C was off. So, I decided to do some more math.
Electra and I pulled out of the garage...beep beep goes the back up camera. (BTW, does anyone know how to turn the beep off?). While in Park and with the A/C off, the range read 105. I then turned the A/C on, and the range dropped to 90. Without even moving, I put her in Drive, and she dropped to 84, but when I put her in ECO, she bounced back up to 91. I turned the A/C off, left her in ECO, and she rocketed right back up to 105. LEAF math it is!
So, leave the windows down and drive in ECO, and I'll get the best range. Got it. This is super to know especially if I find my miles to get home might exceed my range. Now I know how to beat Electra at her own game. Perhaps. :-) Granted, though, in Florida, I'll use a lot of A/C. I wonder what things will be like when heater season comes between Feb 15 and Feb 20? heeheehee.
No comments:
Post a Comment