Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Oh so Blue...

Electra, my 2012 Nissan Leaf, and I just turned over 5000 miles. To celebrate, I decided to take her back to the dealer to get her tires rotated and a few others things, including a complaint about wind noise and an issue with my blue tooth. It's nice that I don't have to get an oil change!

I thought I'd be at the dealer for just a few hours, but it's two days later and I don't have Electra back. The dealer was nice enough to lend me Electra's cousin, a black 2012 Leaf named Bolt. So Bolt and I have been traversing the Tampa highways just fine as we await Electra's repair.

The dealer just called and said they will replace the seal around the driver door, which should take care of the wind noise. But the blue tooth issue is a bit more of a challenge. Here's the issue:

When I get a call and the radio is on, if I answer the call from my phone, the radio continues to play, the call is answered, but the caller cannot hear me and I cannot hear the caller. If the radio is on and I answer the phone from the display, the radio mutes and the caller can hear me, no problem. We've been able to recreate the problem on both Electra and Bolt. Is anyone else having this problem?

I have a Samsung Galaxy 3s on Sprint. The dealer is telling me the issue is the carrier....

More to follow. Hopefully I'll get Electra back tomorrow. But if you're having blue tooth issues, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment