Friday, March 29, 2013

From Blue to Really Blue

After two days at the shop, Electra, my 2012 Nissan Leaf, has returned home.

The dealer graciously fixed two of three things; he replaced the seal on the driver's side door, thus eliminating the wind noise. He also redirected the windshield wiper sprayers so that they actually spray the window. But alas, I have left Nissan a bit disappointed.

The dealer was unable to fix my third problem, my blue tooth issue. Here's the situation. My blue tooth for my phone works beautifully in the following three scenarios:
1. The radio is on, the phone rings, and I successfully answer it by pressing the display's Answer button.
2. The radio is off, the phone rings, and I successfully answer it by pressing the display's Answer button.
3. The radio is off, the phone rinigs, and I successfully answer it by pressing the Answer button on the phone.
But,
4. When the radio is on, the phone rings, I cannot successfully answer it on the phone. When I answer, the phone shows that the call is being routed through the headset, but Electra's radio stays on and I cannot hear the caller. They can hear me and the radio.

The dealer tried in vain to fix for number 4, but I received my car unfixed. The dealer claims that Nissan doesn't support Sprint as a carrier. I'm a bit suspicious, and I don't recall reading anything in my signed documents about proper carriers and the support of them. They promise it will be fixed sometime soon as Nissan catches up. I'm not happy with this response.

I am happy that 3 of 4 options work, and I can regularly use my phone. But trust me, this could have been a deal breaker back at deal making time. Now, we'll see how it plays out.

No comments:

Post a Comment