Friday, April 19, 2013

Electra Gets a Lift

The big move has happened! My family and I have relocated to Denver, CO, and it's taken quite a lot of logistics to make it happen. Here are the details.

My husband went first via the plane...he had a conference in Dallas. Our stuff went next via PODS. If you have ever needed to move your household items, I can't recommend PODS more. They deliver a storage container to your house, you load it, they move it, they store it, you unload it. You only have to touch your stuff twice, and it's always in a safe and secure environment while it's in transit or storage. I have used PODS twice, and I would recommend them hands-down. I wish they were publicly traded, as I'd buy some stock!

Next went Electra, my 2012 Nissan Leaf. I bid her travel online with various truck brokers, and I was able to find her transport for $750. The truck driver picked her up and loaded her safely. I mentioned to the driver, Norman at TA Trucking, that I had three bikes that I'd be hanging off the back of my husband's Prius as my daughter and I drove across country. Norman didn't like this idea, and he offered to take the bikes for me. I didn't like the idea either, and I gladly let him take them...and tipped him an extra $100 for the courtesy. If you want Norman's number, let me know!

Norman loaded Electra up on a Sunday evening, and she arrived in Denver on Friday morning. When I met Norman to unload Electra and the bikes, I have to say that I had missed her! Although my daughter and I had a fun time driving the Prius across country, reuniting with Electra was like finding my lost friend. I really had missed her!

Lastly, my daughter and I left Tampa. We routed through Pensacola and then Shreveport, Dallas, Sperling, and then Denver. The wind hit us from the northeast for three days at 22 mph. Need less to say, I was glad we didn't have the bikes off the back of the car! We enjoyed a trip through the JFK Museum in Dallas, a stop at Cadillac Ranch in Amarillo, and a quick snow ball fight in Raton, NM.

We are super glad to be in Denver. While we wait for our house to finish being built, we are enjoying a stay at the Towne Place Suites. And guess what! They've accommodated Electra! We have a special parking spot for her so I can plug her in each night! We're right at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment